Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Cabbage Soup Diet Day 7

Finally onto day 7 of the Cabbage Soup Diet.  I didn't think the end of this diet would ever come.  It's been tough going for me; mainly, I think, because I couldn't face eating the cabbage soup so have pretty much been on a starvation diet.  I seemed to find this diet easier in my younger years.  I think as I get older I just don't find starvation quite as easy!  Plus, now I'm settled down , married and 'comfortable' I don't seem to have such a drive to be stick thin.

With all that in mind I TOTALLY FAILED TODAY.  As you know from my Day 6 blog, I attended a funeral today.  I was running late so had a small bowl of Fruit & Fibre with skimmed milk for breakfast.  Damn those flakes tasted goooooooooood.  That was the first 'fail' of the day.  I wanted food in my belly though in readiness for the emotion of the funeral. After the funeral service the wake was held at the local Hilton Hotel.  There was a lovely buffet laid out, including pasta salad, feta salad, wraps, sandwiches, rolls and hot Indian selection.  I'm salivating just typing about it now.  Needless to say, I didn't resist.  I do think my skinny guardian angel was looking down because when I got to the front of the buffet queue all the dinner plates had ran out so I had to use a tea saucer.  A tiny plate meant I couldn't over-indulge.  I managed to squeeze on a wrap, a roll and some salad, along with a samosa.  After 7 days of fruit and vegetables I enjoyed every morsel.  The funeral did also put it in perspective; here's me worrying about a cheese roll and someone has just buried their mum.

With that being my second 'fail' of the day, I thought 'what the heck' and went on to have a dinner of cheesy chips from the chip shop van.  Wow they were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I hadn't prepared myself for the after affects though!  How dumb could I be!  I had spend 7 days of starving myself and then go and get the greasiest food I could find.  It hit me real hard.  My sides were splitting, I had pains all down my back and I was trying to make myself sick just to feel better again.  See, my inner fat girl psyche just never learns.  


It's weigh in tomorrow morning.  I used to loose around 10 pounds on this diet but with my epic fails today I would be happy with around 7 pounds.  We shall see.  Following this diet I'm going onto the Feast and Famine diet which involves intermittent fasting (one day on and one day off).  Ok, so I may starve one day but knowing I can eat the next day, surely it can't be that difficult.  I'll be combining it with the new hyped wonder pill - Raspberry Ketone .  If anyone has used Raspberry Ketone I would love to hear about it.  May be too good to be true but I'm up for trying anything.   So watch this space for my weight loss stats following this 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet and my diet plan going forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment